Sermons and talks posted below:
If You Forgive Others - Matthew 6:14-15, 18:21
A message from our online service, 17th October, 2021.
Do Just As I Have Done To You - John 13:1-17
A message from our online service, 10th October, 2021.
Do Not Be Anxious For Your Life - Matt 6:25-34
A message from our online service on the 3rd of October, 2021.
No One Comes... Except...
A sermon from our online service. The 26th of September, 2021.
Go and Make Disciples of All Nations
A sermon from the 19th of September, 2021.
This is a Hard Saying... John 6:57-71
The beginning of a new series in which we look at some of the harder saying of Jesus to hear. Not hard to understand, but rather hard to accept. If we will not turn away from these words, he promises to give us life.
A sermon from the 12th of September, 2021
What is Your Boast? Galatians 6:11-18
From the 5th of September, 2021, the conclusion to our series through the Book of Galatians.
Bearing Burdens and Doing Good - Galatians 6:1-10
Pastor Steve returns to the Book of Galatians with a sermon about what the Gospel message causes a community to look like.
(the sermon begins at the 14:00 minute mark following some other remarks)
Sometimes, the Work For Christ is Hard - Philippians 1:12-2:2
A message by Nathaniel Fillion from the 15th of August, 2021
Wrestle With Weakness and Mature - Genesis 32:24-31
A message by Thys Hoeve from the 8th of August, 2021
Set Free To Be Free
a sermon from the 25th of July, 2021
Only 2 Types of People in the World -
a sermon from the 18th of July, 2021
Delivered from the Elements of the World -
a sermon from the 11th of July, 2021.
Now That Faith Has Come - Galatians 3:13-4:7
If the promises of God cannot come by the law, then why was the law given to Israel? It was for a time - to guard and teach until the time that faith has come.
sermon from 4th of July, 2021
Blessing for Curse - Galatians 3:10-14
a sermon from the 27th of June, 2021
Consider Abraham - Galatians 1:1-9
a sermon from the 20th of June, 2021
Get in Step with the Truth of the Gospel - Galatians 2:1-14
The truth of the Gospel requires straight-walking. Straight walking or else what we believe, what we do, and what we are can get crooked.
A sermon from the 6th of June, 2021
Getting Our Bearings, Staying on Course -Galatians 1:1-24
Our outdoor service from the 30th of May, 2021.
We begin to explore the letter to the Galatians.
Are You Experienced? Pentecost 2021
Acts 2:1-4, Galatians 3:1-6
How To Be Above It All - Ascension Sunday - 16 May '21
LUKE 24:50-53 - COLOSSIANS 3:1-11
In this message, we hear of perhaps the most overlooked and under-appreciated part of the Christian Gospel: that Christ has ascended to heaven. And we have been raised up with him. Personally, though, we must resist being pulled back down. And politically, we must resist trying to pull Him down.
Discernment in Love - 9 May 2021
An outdoor service in which we hear how to be discerning with the wisdom of the LORD.
sermon by Kevin Durkee
Respond, Receive, Remember - A Sermon on Baptism
Baptism is a vital part of Christian discipleship; if you want to follow him, the path leads through water. In this message, Steve describes how some of us need to respond to the message of Jesus - and this involves baptism. Some need to receive baptism, not as an act of self-expression but as something done to us. Many, who have baptism in our past, need to remember our baptism, as a source of strength and encouragement to live into the future.
The Promise, Problem, and Purpose of the Church
Acts 20:28, Galatians 5:13-15
To convince someone of the importance of the church is sometimes more difficult to convince them of the existence of God or the identity of Jesus. Yet Jesus placed such value on the community of faith that he 'shed his blood for her.' Do we place a similar value on our local church?
Lemme Tell Ya 'Bout Him - Psalm 66
18 April 2021
A message from elder Art Durkee
How Well Do You Know Jesus?
Elder Jamie Donison gives a message on knowing Jesus for ourselves. What do we need to give up to know Jesus more? What things can we do?
11 April 2021
Holy Week 2021 - Good Friday and Easter messages below:
Cry of the Prophet: Through the Minor Prophets
What Are You Waiting For? Malachi - 28 March 2021
Prophets speak of the future. We can forget that as we study how they speak into their settings and ours. But the cry of the prophet does reach into the future and proclaim it into the present. We will give our best when we believe the best is yet to come. Because we are not what we should be, and the world is not yet what it ought to be, we can never forget to look to what is to come.
What Is It All About? Zechariah - 21 March 2021
In the midst of arguably the most difficult prophet to interpret, we may ask the question: what is this all about? We need a fixed point to guide our interpretations. That fixed point is the Messiah to come, Jesus, whom Zechariah predicts most vividly. We also need a fixed point to lead us through the tangle of our lives. Once again, it is Jesus. Unless we are led out of ourselves, we will always be prisoners of self. But Christ sets us free to be "prisoners of hope".
Are You Going To Live In Hope? Haggai - 14 March 2021
Haggai 1:3-11, 2:1-9
Why don't we do what we know we ought to do? Why don't we just get off our butts? It almost always not out of a lack of knowledge. And being told we ought to - with a burden of obligation, duty, or guilt - doesn't help much. What does help? Hope helps. And living in hope is true motivation.
What Are You Doing, God? Habakkuk - 7 March 2021
What is going on? What is happening in the world? What is God doing in my life? It not an absence of faith or failure of trust to wrestle with questions such as these. In fact, as the prophet Habakkuk shows us, it may even be our obligation if we want to gain deep and meaningful faith.
Can Any Good Come Of This? Zephaniah - 28 Feb 2021
Zephaniah 1:2-6 and 3:8-20
"They say the darkest hour, is right before the dawn..." That thought resonates in the human heart; a desire that good can come out of the bad. It is also a thread running through all the prophets: that things will get really, really, really bad and then get real, really, really good. But how can we be certain that things will not get worse? What is our sure guarantee that God can bring good out of bad?
Will Anyone Fight For Me? Nahum - 21 Feb 2021
Nahum 1:1- 8, 2:13 - 3:5
Hearing of wrath and vengeance can be hard to wrap our heads around. Depictions of God in those ways are often the source of objections to biblical faith. We do need to wrestle with wrath. But as we do so, is there a way to begin to warm up to it? Maybe even come to welcome it as good news?
The prophet Nahum addresses these very things.
Should We Not Pity? Jonah - 14 Feb 2021
Jonah 3:10 - 4:11
The prophet Jonah was tasked to preach. But we have virtually none of his preaching. Instead, we have his story - a story of rescue which reveals the Lord of Rescue. But what should the attitude of the rescued be? Do we have the right to be grouchy towards the just-rescued or the not-yet-rescued of the world? Do we do well to be angry (grouchy)? Or should we not pity?
How Should We Live Then? Micah - 7 February, 2021
Micah 2:1-7, 6:3-8, 7:14-20
In the face of what the Lord has to say about justice and injustice, we can be overwhelmed. By the complexity of the issues and by our own complicity in the larger sins of our society. One thing we can do, at least, is to refuse to say: "This is fine". And then, through God's mercy, live a just life.
Is There Any Justice? Amos - 31 January, 2021
Amos 2:6-16, 9:9-15
Justice is a hot topic these days. Issues of justice drive much our cultural discussions and controversies, especially when we add the modifier "social" to it, making it Social Justice. Turns out, God cares a great deal about Justice, which is always social. But we need to know what he means by it, whose responsible for it, and where, ultimately, it comes from.
Is It All A Waste? Joel - 24 January, 2021
Joel 1:1-12, 2:23-27
There are lots of ways we can suffer loss. Suffering comes through tragedy and sometimes it comes by our own culpability. As hard as it is to hear, some of our problems are our own fault. We may ask whether what we've gone through is all a waste. But through the prophet Joel, God assures his people that nothing is wasted, and that he will restore everything. And through Christ, he will restore the entire world.
Will You Still Love Me? Hosea - 17 January, 2021
There is possibly no greater betrayal than being cheated on by your wife or husband. That is precisely what the prophet Hosea experienced. What if we didn't see sin merely in terms of disobedience but also as spiritual adultery. And if it is that, then how the relationship between sinners and our Creator ever be restored?
Will We Hear? Obadiah - 10 January 2021
Are you troubled by the world around? Do you have questions like: Why is this happening in the world? Is there any justice? Is God always angry? Does he love me? Is there anything to hope in? How do I deal with rejection? With discouragement? How should I respond when everything around me seems off the rails? When even those who are supposed to stand for truth and goodness seem bad as everyone else or even worse?
The prophets wrestles with the same things. And their cry is both question and answer. Will we hear?
Some Scattered New Years Encouragements - 3 Jan 2021
Romans 12:3-13, Titus 2:2-6, Romans 5:1-5
The beginning of a new year is a natural time to reflect on the year just gone by (2020!) and look into the unknown one to come. In this message, Pastor Steve Swan shares some scattered encouragements for the YKAC community. That we need one another; that we share in ministry together; and that we share in an unshakable hope.
The Foolishness of the Cross - 27 December 2020
1st Corinthians 1:18-25
The message of Jesus may seem foolish but it is the wisdom of God. A good challenge: to share the foolish message with one person in the coming year.
A sermon by Elder Ed Hoeve.
Advent 2020 - "Come"
Come Be King - 4th of Advent - 20th December
2 Samuel 7:1-16 - Luke 1:26-38
An old king made a promise to God, to build a house worthy of His presence. And God made a promise in return, to establish a house (dynasty) for the king and his descendants. A promise to place a king over his people forever. In our age of expressive individualism, can we really 'get' what a king is? And further, would we even want one? And what about those times when it seems the throne is empty?
Come Restore - 3rd of Advent - 13 December
Isaiah 61:1-11, John 1:19-28
Anyone who has lived awhile in this world has experiences its brokenness. Some things seem beyond repair. But there is a promise of a complete restoration to come; when all will be mended. Our task is to wait...
Come Comfort - 2nd of Advent - 6 December
Isaiah 40:1-11, Mark 1:1-18
"Comfort, comfort my people..." God speaks these words and they ultimately fulfilled by John the Baptizer, an unexpected comforter. In this season where we may be missing our regular comforts, we have opportunity to hunger for the True Comfort which is for what's to come.
Come Down - 1st of Advent - 29 November
Isaiah 64:1-12, Mark 1:9-11
To rip open the sky and come down is a big entrance. Someone who makes an entrance like that means business. Why would anyone cry out to God to enter the world that way? For justice, for mercy, and for restoration.
The Appeals of Jesus - Why Do People Come to Him?
The Appeal of Jesus, Part 6: The Desire to be Loved - Galatians 2:20, John 21:20-25
22 November, 2020
Everyone wants to be loved. Everyone seeks love and we're either fruitless or frustrated in that search. But love is underneath most other needs in our lives. God's love in found and received in Christ. Finally, it is that desire to be loved which can draw us to Jesus.
The Appeal of Jesus, Part 5: Release from the Burden of Guilty and Shame - Galatians 3:10-12, Luke 7:36-50
15 November, 2020
To be guilty and to feel guilty are two different things. There is objective guilt (whether we've done bad or not) and also the subjective guilt or shame of feeling like we have. It creates a burden which we can try to lift in many ways. Or sometimes we just live under that burden. But there is a way for that burden to be truly lifted.
The Appeal of Jesus, Part 4: Freedom From the Fear Of Death - Hebrews 2:14-18 – John 11:11-33
8 November, 2020
Does the Christian Faith have anything to say that nobody else can say? We live in a world and a time that needs no more platitudes. Can we say anything solid? How about this: You can be free from the fear of death. Death is not in our face as in previous times. But try as we might to avoid it, we will face it. How does Jesus set us free from slavery to the fear of it?
The Appeal of Jesus, Part 3: The Attractiveness of Truth - John 18:28-41
1 November, 2020
What is truth? There's lots of ways that question could asked. But in a crises of truth, like we are living through now, the question is worthwhile. Deep down we want to know what is real and live according to it. And that attractiveness of truth can lead us to Jesus.
TheAppeal of Jesus: Part 2 - Satisfy Unfulfilled Longings - John 4:1-15
25 October, 2020
There are multiple motivations people can have for approaching Jesus with interest and placing their faith in him. This week, Steve describes how Jesus offers satisfaction for our unfulfilled existential longings in what Jesus calls "living water".
The Appeal of Jesus, Part 1: Help With a Problem - Matthew 9:18-31
18 October, 2020
There are a number of different reasons that Jesus can appeal to those who approach him. The first of which is perhaps the most simple: He can help with your problem.
How Do I Get Into Heaven?
11 Oct 2020
Invitations Part 2: Nathanael. A Skeptic.
Assumptions and skepticism about Jesus and his origin are common. Yet, Jesus has come to show us God and his kingdom, to revise our conclusions, and to replace confessions of doubt with confessions of faith.
Guest speaker: Rev Zac Eagle
Invitations Part 1: Matthew. A Tax Collector.
In a world in which the new, unbroken, and x-factored are preferred and desired, the invitation of Jesus, extended to a despised tax collector, is an important reminder that Jesus sees us as we are and calls us still.
Guest speaker: Rev Zac Eagle
What Are We? 20 Sept 2020
Psalm 133, Ephesians 4
Taking stock of how God's people are described in the New Testament can provide a window onto the Christian Faith. Hear how the church is called, saints, members of one another, worshippers, and beloved.
What Is This? (Glory in the Church) - 13 Sept 2020
What do you see when you look around in church? Is there much that could be called impressive? Mostly it is very ordinary (or a little strange). But Paul prays a declaration that God's glory is in the church. In midst of the ordinary or strange, there is the promise of glory. Do you see it?
A Serious Message About Joy - 30 August 2020
Philippians, John 15:11
As we leave the Letter to the Philippians, Steve reflects back on joy. Joy is the great theme of Philippians and the central command is to "Rejoice". We can get joy wrong, but we can get it right when we see it does not depend upon our circumstances. But how can we actually get joy?
- A Serious Message About Joy - Philippians 1:1-4 & John 15:9-11 – 30 August 2020 (Steve Swan)
- Comfortable Talking About Money? Philippians 4:13-20 - 23 August 2020 (Steve Swan)
- All Things Thru Him Who Strengthens Me - Philippians 4:10-13 – 16 August 2020 (Steve Swan)
- Do Not Be Anxious - Philippians 4:4-9 - 9 August 2020 (Steve Swan)
- Rejoice in Community - Philippians 4:1-4 - 26 July 2020 (Steve Swan)
- When to Wear a Swimsuit to Church? A message on Baptism - ACTS 2:36-41 - 19 July 2020 (Steve Swan)
- Imitate Me - Philippians 3:17-4:1 - 12 July 2020 (Steve Swan)
- Are You Done Yet? (Pressing On) - Philippians 3:12-16 - 5 July 2020 (Steve Swan)
Lose Your List - 21 June 2020
Is there a list of things you are or that you've accomplished, that help you to feel 'all right'? Paul had just such a list. But he was willing to lose it all to gain something far greater.
GUEST SPEAKER - Matt Durkee - 14 June 2020
Matt Durkee from Friends In Action is our guest speaker for today. He shares a brief update on FIA's activity and then a message from Exodus 3 and 4 - the call of Moses.
I Hope To See You Soon, Face to Face - 7 June 2020
Not a typical message, instead this is a discussion about the importance of the physical gathering of the local church from both a personal and biblical perspective. Scriptures referenced: Hebrews 10:24-25, 2 John 12-13, 3 John 13-15, Philippians 1:8, Galatians 4:20.
Readings - Exodus 19:16-25, Acts 2:1-3
Encounter, Receive, Harvest - Pentecost Sunday
Readings - Psalm 80, Philippians 2:12-18, 19-29
Work Out, Shine On, Honour Examples - 17 May 2020
God's rescue of us does not just give us a second chance and then leave us on our own. He is the agent of rescue at the beginning, through our obedience, and all the way to the end. We work it out - but God's will works in us.
Readings - Psalm 133, Luke 14:7-11, Philippians 2:1-11
Have the Same Mind - 10 May 2020
We've got extra challenges in staying together, when circumstances are frayed and togetherness unravels. But there is a deep well of resource to draw from - one that can empower us to go low and humble ourselves. And once we've gone low, we'll be raised high.
Readings: Psalm 90, Philippians 1:18-30
Life in Christ, Death as Gain - 3 May 2020 message
The prospect of death clarifies many things. It reorganizes our priorities and can even show us how to live. Death is never to be sought out - death is neither a friend nor a good thing. But through the Gospel, death is transformed.
Readings: Genesis 50:15-21, Psalm 20, Philippians 1:12-18
I Want You To Know - 26 April 2020 message
In this message, we hear how what appears to be a setback can serve to advance God's purposes. No matter how things may look.
Readings: Psalm 30, Philippians 1:1-12
Why Can We Rejoice? 19 April 2020 message
Is it not strange that we can be commanded to experience joy? But there are good reasons why we can rejoice under any and all circumstances.
Jonah: Salvation Belongs to the lord
- Jonah went out of the city… Prophet and a Prodigal - Jonah 4, Luke 15 - 8 March 2020 (Steve Swan)
- Do You Do Well To Be Angry? Jonah 4:4 - 1 March 2020 (Steve Swan)
- How They Turned From Their Evil Way… (The Message of Repentance) Jonah 3:1-10 - 23 Feb 2020 (Steve Swan)
- Salvation is of the LORD - what is it all about? Jonah 2:9 - 16 Feb 2020 (Steve Swan)
- Something Greater than Jonah… (The Sign of Jonah) – Jonah 1:17, Matt 12:38-41 - 9 Feb 2020 (Steve Swan)
- On Whose Account? (Sacrifice & Substitution) Jonah 1:11 - 2 Feb 2020 (Steve Swan)
- What do you mean, you sleeper? Jonah 1:6 - 26 Jan 2020 (Steve Swan)
- Going into the Storm... Jonah 1:4-5 - 19 Jan 2020 (Steve Swan)
- Away from the presence of the LORD... Jonah 1:1-3 - 12 Jan 2020 (Steve Swan)
The Fear of the Lord: embrace it and grow – Psalm 128 - 5 Jan 2020 (Jamie Donison)
Not Ashamed – Not Apart – Not Unaware – 3 looks for new year - 29 Dec 2019 (Steve Swan)
Advent: The Once and Future Coming
- 4th of Advent - New Creation & Former Things - Isaiah 65:17-25, Revelation 21:22-22:5 (Steve Swan)
- 3rd of Advent - How Long? (Waiting in Patience) Psalm 13, Romans 8:18-25 (Steve Swan)
- 2nd of Advent - A Coming Day - Malachi 4:1-6, 2nd Timothy 4:1-8 (Steve Swan)
- 1st of Advent – Waiting for His Appearing – Matt 25:1-13, 1st John 2:28-3:3 (Steve Swan)
What is Eldership?
- Part II: Leading to Serve: the office of Elder – Matt 20:25-28, 1st Tim 3:1-7 - 24 Nov 2019 (Steve Swan)
- Part I: God’s Answer to Scattered Sheep – Ezekiel 34:1-10, Titus 1:4-11 - 17 Nov 2019 (Steve Swan)
We Do Not Lose Heart (help for the discouraged) - 2 Corinthians 4:16-18 - 10 Nov 2019 (Steve Swan)
The sermon on the mount
- When Jesus had finished these sayings… Matthew 7:24-8:1 - 3 Nov 2019 (Steve Swan)
- Not everyone who says… Matthew 7:21-23 - 27 Oct 2019 (Steve Swan)
- Beware False Prophets... Matthew 7:15-20 - 20 Oct 2019 (Steve Swan)
- The Gate is Narrow and the Way is Hard… Matt 7:13-14 - 13 Oct 2019 (Steve Swan)
- Do Unto Others - Matthew 7:12 - 6 Oct 2019 (Steve Swan)
- Ask, Seek, Knock - Matthew 7:7-11 - 29 Sept 2019 (Steve Swan)
- What is Holy - Matthew 7:6 - 15 Sept 2019 (Steve Swan)
- Judge Not - Matthew 7:1-5 - 8 Sept 2019 (Steve Swan)
- Therefore... Do Not Be Anxious - Matthew 6:25-34 - 4 August 2019 (Steve Swan)
- Where Your Treasure Is... Matthew 6:19-24 - 28 July 2019 (Steve Swan)
- But When You Fast... Matthew 6:16-18 - 21July 2019 (Steve Swan)
- If You Forgive Others... Matthew 6:14-15 - 14 July 2019 (Steve Swan)
- Pray Then Like This... Matthew 6:7-13 - 7 July 2019 (Steve Swan)
- When Would You Like Your Reward? - Matthew 6:1-18 - 30 June 2019 (Steve Swan)
- Jesus Raises It Higher - Matthew 5:33-48 - 23 June 2019 (Steve Swan)
- Jesus Makes It Harder - Matthew 5:21-32 - 16 June 2019 (Steve Swan)
- Missions Report from John & Sandra Drost - 22 Sept 2019
- Realities of Servant Life - 2 Kings 5 - 1 Sept 2019 (Clark Rehn)
- What Prevents Me From Being Baptized? 18 August 2019 (Steve Swan)
- The Predictable Unpredictable: A Pentecost Reflection - Luke 11:10-12 & John 3:5-8 (Steve Swan)
- Graeme Lauber of Journey Canada (guest speaker) - 2 June 2019
The Sermon on the Mount
- Do Not Think... Matthew 5:17-20 - 26 May 2019 (Steve Swan)
- Follow Jesus in Public (Salt & Light) - Matthew 5:13-16 - 19 May 2019 (Steve Swan)
- Who is Blessed? - Matthew 5:1-12 - 12 May 2019 (Steve Swan)
- The End is the Beginning – Matthew 7:24-8:1- 5 May 2019 (Steve Swan)
Hope beyond Death, Hope in the World, Hope for our Sins - Easter Sunday 2019 (Steve Swan)
What Kind of King? 1st Kings 1:32-46 - Palm Sunday 2019 (Steve Swan)
Earnest Desire - reflecting on spiritual gifts - 7th April 2019 (Steve Swan)
On Prayer - (Jamie Donison)
Esther - finding Faith Among the Faithless
- The Great Unnamed – Esther 9:29-10:3 - 31 March 2019 (Steve Swan)
- Days Kept and Remembered – The Value of Memory – Esther 9:16-28 - 24 March 2019 (Steve Swan)
- Reversing the Irreversible - Esther 7:10-9:1 - 17 March 2019 (Steve Swan)
- Pride’s Fall (The Man Whom the King Delights to Honour) – Esther 5:2-6:6 - 10 March 2019 (Steve Swan)
- Who Identifies? (If I Perish, I Perish…) - Esther 4:4-5:3 –24 Feb 2019 (Steve Swan)
- Resistance, Rage, and Our Reality – Esther 3:1-4:4 - 17 Feb 2019 (Steve Swan)
- A Weak Strength (Esther Becomes Queen) – Esther 2:5-23 - 10 Feb 2019 (Steve Swan)
- Faith Among the Faithless (a Jew in the citadel) – Esther 1:1-2:5 - 3 Feb 2019 (Steve Swan)
- One Body With Many Members –1st Corinthians 12:12-27 - 27 Jan 2019 (Steve Swan)
- How To Overcome Temptation - 1st Corinthians 10:1-13 - 20 Jan 2019 (Derek Pluchinski)
- 3 Words You Never Want to Hear... 3 Truths You Never Want to Forget - Romans 8:35-39 - 13 Jan 2019 (Tim Beadle)
- A Few Words on the Lord's Supper - 1st Corinthians 11:23-26 - 6 Jan 2019 (Steve Swan)
- Make Much Of Jesus Sunday - a Sunday of Testimony - 30 Dec 2018
- Where God Comes Down (Stairway to Heaven) - Genesis 28:10-22 - 23 Dec 2018 (Steve Swan)
- The Wonder of the Undeserved Gift - Job 40:1-5 - 16 Dec 2018 (Clark Rehn)
- Behold! The Lamb of God - John 1:19-36 - 9 Dec 2018 (Jamie Donison)
Immanuel, God With Us - Matthew 1:18-25 - 2 Dec 2018 (Ed Hoeve)
The Book of James - Wisdom in Christ
- Healthy Church, Healthy Body, Healthy Soul – James 5:13-20 - 25 Nov 2018 (Steve Swan)
- Establish Your Hearts (with a certain kind of patience) – James 5:7-12 - 11 Nov 2018 (Steve Swan)
- He Does Not Resist You (Responding to Persecution) – James 5:1-6 - 4 Nov 2018 (Steve Swan)
- Do You Make Room For God in Your Life Plans? James 4:13-16 - 28 Oct 2018(Steve Swan)
- Where is Lasting Peace? James 4:1-12 - 21 Oct 2018 (Steve Swan)
- What Can Tame The Untamable? – James 3:1-18 - 14 Oct 2018 (Steve Swan)
- Faith that is Alive – James 2:14-26 – 7 Oct 2018 (Steve Swan)
- The Real Solution to Prejudice – James 2:1-13 - 30 Sept 2018 (Steve Swan)
- Rehabilitating "Religion" - James 1:19-27 – 23 Sept 2018 (Steve Swan)
- Tried, Tested, and Tempted - James 1:13-18 – 16 Sept 2018 (Steve Swan)
- Wisdom in Trial - James 1 :1-11 – 9 Sept 2018 (Steve Swan)
Parables Of The Kingdom Series
- Jesus Gives a Chance (the Parable of the Fig Tree) Luke 13:6-9 - 29 July 2018 (Kevin Durkee)
- Becoming the Father - Love for the Lost - Luke 15:11-32 - 22 July 2018 (Steve Swan)
- The Older Brother - Lost at Home - Luke 15:11-32 - 15 July 2018 (Steve Swan)
- The Prodigal Son - Lost and Found - Luke 15:11-32 - 8 July 2018 (Steve Swan)
- Gathered and Separated - Matthew 13:47-50 - 1 July 2018 (Steve Swan)
- Stumbling, Searching, Giving All - Matthew 13:44-46 - 24 June 2018 (Steve Swan)
- From the Smallest of Beginnings... Matthew 13:31-33 - 10 June 2018 (Steve Swan)
- Takes Such a Long, Long Time – Matthew 13:24-30 - 3 June 2018 (Steve Swan)
- A Sower Went Out To Sow – Matthew 13:1-23 - 27 May 2018 (Steve Swan)
Burning the Tower Down – Genesis 11:1-11 & Acts 2:1-12 - PENTECOST SUNDAY (Steve Swan)
Seated Far Above - Ephesians 1:15-23 - ASCENSION SUNDAY (Steve Swan)
BE THE CHURCH
- Sent: Be The Church, Part V - 1st Peter 2:9-12 - 6 May, 2018 (Steve Swan)
- Serve: Be The Church, Part IV - James 2:14-26 - 28 April, 2018 (Jamie Donison)
- Belong: Be The Church, Part III - 1st John 4:19-21 - 22 April, 2018 (Steve Swan)
- Body: Be The Church, Part II - 15 April, 2018 (Tim Beadle)
- Gather: Be The Church, Part I - Hebrews 10:19-25 - 8 April, 2018 (Steve Swan)
- The God Who Raises the Dead - 2 Corinthians 1:3-11 - Easter Sunday, 2018 (Steve Swan)
- Beast of Burden - Matthew 21:1-11 - Palm Sunday, 2018 (Steve Swan)
- But For God's Grace: Good News Spoken To A Poor Man - Luke 7:18-23 - 18 March, 2018 (Thys Hoeve)
- Missions Weekend - 11 March, 2018 (Special Guest Ron Brown)
- The Rhythm of Prayer - Daniel 6 - 4 March, 2018 (Guest Preacher Niels Jeyasegara)
- God is in the House - Exodus 40:17-38 - 25 February, 2018 (Steve Swan)
- A Glory Veiled – Exodus 34:27-35 – 18 February, 2018 (Steve Swan
- All My Goodness – Exodus 33:18-34:9 – 11 February, 2018 (Steve Swan)
- If Your Presence Will Not Go With... – Ex 33:1-17 - 4 February, 2018 (Steve Swan)
- Idolatry of Every Kind – Exodus 32:15-35 - 28 January, 2018 (Steve Swan)
- Between Faithless and Faithful – Exodus 32:1-14 - 21 January, 2018 (Steve Swan)
- "Someone Call A Priest!" - Exodus 28:1-12 - 14 January, 2018 (Steve Swan)
- God in a Box - Exodus 25:1-22 - 7 January, 2018 (Steve Swan)
- A Practical Love - 1st John 3:11-24 - 31 December, 2017 (Matt Durkee, guest speaker)
- Resistance to the King - Matthew 2:13-23 - 4th of Advent, 24th December, 2017 (Steve Swan)
- Sought By The Wise - Matthew 2:1-12 - 3rd of Advent, 17th December, 2017 (Steve Swan)
- God Is With Us - Matthew 1:18-25 - 2nd of Advent, 10th December, 2017 (Steve Swan)
- The Extraordinary Ordinary - Matthew 1:1-17 - 1st of Advent, 3rd December, 2017 (Steve Swan)
Exodus: Movement of the People
- Nov 26th, 2017 - A Covenant Confirmed - Exodus 24
- Nov 19th, 2017 - A Bunch of Crazy Laws - Exodus 20:22-23:19
- Oct 29th, 2017 - The Expanse of the Law - Exodus 20:1-21
- Oct 22nd, 2017 - The Gift of the Law - Exodus 20:1-17
- Oct 15th, 2017 - Up and Down the Mountain – Exodus 19
- Oct 8th, 2017 - Getting By With a Little Help - Exodus 17:8-16
- Oct 1st, 2017 - Strike the Rock - Exodus 17:1-7
- Sept 24th, 2017 - Bread From Heaven - Exodus 16
- Sept 17th, 2017 - Bitter Made Sweet – Exodus 15:22-27
Sept 10th, 2017 - I Will Sing to the Lord – Exodus 15:1-21
Sept 3rd, 2017 - Free At Last - Exodus 14 (Rev. Bryan Haigh, guest preacher)
- August 27th, 2017 - Fear Not, Stand Firm, See Salvation – Exodus 14
August 20th, 2017 - You’re Not Alone (Pillar of Cloud and Fire) – Exodus 13:17-22
August 6th, 2017 - Movement and Memory - Exodus 12:30-12:42
- July 30th, 2017 - Don’t Forget the Blood – Passing Over - Exodus 12:1-13
- July 23rd, 2017 - There Shall Be Such a Great Cry - Exodus 11:1-10
- July 16th, 2017 - The Lord Goes To War (the plagues of Egypt) - Exodus 7:1-10:29
- July 9th, 2017 - “Now you’ll see what I will do…” - Exodus 5:23-6:13
- July 2nd, 2017 - Signs, Signs, Everywhere a Sign - Exodus 4:1-17
- June 25th, 2017 - The Burning I Am - Exodus 3:1-17
- June 11th, 2017 - Movement of the People - Exodus 1:1-22